Whether you are a project manager or a team member tackling one portion of a project, there are resources available to you that will make your project run smoother.
Smartsheet is a task management software designed to increase productivity on any project.
SmartSheet is a great software tool for project managers. It allows you to create and track projects, delegate tasks to your team members, and track everyone’s progress.
- Collaboration: Smartsheet makes collaborating with your team a breeze. You can share your work or collaborate on a specific task within Smartsheet.
- File Sharing: This feature allows you to attach files or add notes to your projects.
- Gantt Charts: This feature allows you to stay on schedule with your project. Make updates to the project, assign/reassign tasks, and adjust dates and times.
- Calendars: A great way to visually track your project’s process.
- Google Apps: Smartsheet is integraged with Google Apps, allowing you to still use the tools that work best for you.
- Mobile app capability: Allows you to work on the go.
- Web Forms: Collaborate, track, and manage data you collect for your project within your Web Forms.
- Reporting: Create summaries across projects.
- Resource Management: This amazing little feature allows you to track who on your team is busy and who is not, before delegating tasks.
Evernote is a great app that allows you to keep all of your notes, research, web articles, photos, etc. all in one place. Projects can easily become chaotic with documents, emails, and notes. Keep yourself sane, and your project on target by using this app.
This app has a free basic plan, as well as plus and premium plans that start at $24.99.
- Collaboration: This app allows you to communicate and share your work, notes, etc. with your team.
- Collect: Web articles, hand written notes, photos, etc. can all be kept in your Evernote app.
- Presentations: Evernote allows you to present your work as a slideshow. What’s more is that Evernote does all the work for you. One click and your notes and photos are instantly transformed into a beautiful slideshow presentation.
This software allows you to create and draw on professional diagrams. With more than 50+ diagrams to choose from, and thousands of templates to help you along the way, Creately is the best software for creating/drawing professional diagrams.
Create a project overview or gantt chart, and invite your colleagues to collaborate at the same time.
- 50+ Diagrams: Flow charts, gantt charts, project overviews and more.
- Quick Drawing/Creating: This software is simple and easy to use. Creating/drawing up diagrams is faster and more user friendly than any other software.
- 1,000 Templates: Create your diagrams from scratch or with the help of Creately’s thousands of templates.
- Collaboration: Allow anyone to collaborate on the same document at the same time. This feature is a great way to collaborate with colleagues as well as clients.
Sqwiggle is an app designed specifically for remote teams. This app is designed to connect your team, even if they are spread out across the globe.
For remote project managers and teams, this app is a great resource to help keep you connected and up to date.
Sqwiggle keeps you connected to your team by showing a snapshot of each member, which is updated throughout the day. Need to talk to a co-worker face to face? Simply click on their snapshot and you start a live video conversation.
- Connect on the go: This app allows to connect to your team wherever you are, whether you’re on a bus, at home, or in the air!
- Team Communication: Sqwiggle gives you the ability to chat face-to-face everyday with your team, wherever they may be.
- Instant 1-on-1 video calls: Video call a member of you team simply by clicking on their snapshot within the sqwiggle app.
- Team chat: Easily create multiple chat streams by starring a particular chat stream topic that is important to you. You’ll receive messages and notification updates.
- File Sharing: Quick and easy file sharing is made available through the chat stream. Simply drag-and-drop a file into a chat stream and the file is shared with your team and stored in the cloud.
As a project manager you know how quickly a project can become chaotic and disorganized. Smartsheet, Evernote, Creately, and Sqwiggle and four of the top resources available to project managers and their times. These resources are designed specifically to keep your projects running smoothly.
Let me know what resources you use as a project manager in the comments box below.